Ho there

Though you may not notice, I wrote something.. For your own good, read it.. if not... don't read.. if you want to, just read it.. even if you feel reluctant to do it, just read... even if you feel like it's a waste of time, just read.. even if you don't want to read, read it.. I insist, read it.. what will you gain, you will just have to read it to find out.. if your lost on what I had suggested earlier, it is of great importance that you read it.. if you do not know what "it" is, than continue reading it.. and while your reading it, if you are still reading this, then I have just wasted your time reading something pointless to begin with... but it shows that you are a dedicated reader (maybe) and I compliment you on that.. as a reward..

WELCOME TO MY STORY!!!
...and enjoy...
....and to be clear, when i say my story, i meant by these works of fiction written by me.

p.s.
Comment it anyway you want, whether its a rant or a suggestion, I will read them and keep it in mind.. but mind you, I may not be around for it to happen so.... yeah... thanks...

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Peace & Confession

Briar focused wiping his blade, and then carefully polished it before admiring his handiwork. The Cousland family blade, handed down from generations to generations since King Calenhad united all of Ferelden. It may not have as much power as his greatsword, but it was a keepsake that helped him through many obstacles during his travel. With the blade, he had finally sought out his revenge against Rendon Howe, stabbing the man and chopping his head off before he could say anything else. Briar sighed, remembering what he and his twin sister have to go through just to achieve that. Losing their home and parents, along with their sister-in-law and nephew. He had hoped that maybe vengeance would brought out peace within him. At least the love from his Orlesian lover was able to soothe the fire within him.

He sheathed the sword, knelt down and prayed. Well, to the best of his ability.

"Mother, Father, Oriana, young Oren.." He began "May your souls be at peace in the embrace of the Maker"

"That's probably the worst prayer you've ever made, brother" Blair said, walking towards the elder twin.

Briar smiled at his younger twin. He finished his prayer and stood back, "Well, it was worth an effort"

"Obviously someone haven't been listening to Mother Mallol 's lectures"

"It was not on purpose, I assure you. I am pretty sure some fade demons just like to put me to sleep. That Sloth back at the Tower was hell bent on putting all of us to sleep"

"That still gives me the creeps"

"Indeed" Briar sighed. He looked back at his blade, remembering the dream of seeing his family and the feast they had with his friends. He knew it was odd, but he missed them all very much. Blair sensed the unease on her brother's face. She walked towards him, rested her hand on his shoulder and gave a gently squeeze.

"I'm sure they are proud of you, brother" Blair reassured her brother"You've become more than just a Cousland. You've become a hero, a symbol. A Grey Warden like the tales we used to tell Oren about"

"But I don't even believe half the tales I told to him. They were just that. Tales" Briar turned to his sister, his face full of doubt and uncertainty, but not for himself, but for the whole situation.

"Brother, you have slain dragons, stopped abominations, killed that treacherous bastard and defeated Fereldan's most revered warrior in front of his fellow noblemen in single combat, and that's only a few of the long list of achievements you've done" Blair started "But the biggest accomplishment is that you've gotten everyone in the whole of Fereldan to fight under one banner against the Blight. Can you truly believe that all those tales were just tales now? I'm sure Oren would have been marveled and proud of his uncle. As is with our parents."

"I can't keep all the credit. After all, I did have a sister who dragged me around to all those danger"

"Exactly. When history remembers us, they won't just think of me as The Grey Warden's meddling Sister!"

"How about as the Queen of Fereldan" Briar stated, smiling at his red-faced sister. It was quite a sudden confession, although she didn't tell Alistair straight that she liked him, but announcing herself as queen was as good as he could get from Briar's stubborn sister.

"W-what! I-I wwass....merely..s-saying that ff-for-" Blair tried explaining. Blair's hand on Bria'sr shoulder fell back to side and started twiddling with the other, failing to keep her embarrassment hidden.

"It's about time you admit your littler crush to our bastard king" Briar interrupted. "You've been ogling on him since we first arrived in Ostaghar"

Blair was about to protest, but quickly held it back. She went silent and stared hard to floor, face still adorned with red blush and her fingers started twiddling with the thought her first encounter with the junior Grey Warden.

"Do you think it's the right thing to do, The proposal, I mean" Blair asked

Briar thought about for a moment, trying to find the right words to answer. Instead, he just spoke about his disdain for a certain woman.

"Well, considering that Anora, the one who sent me to Fort Drakorn in the first place, is in some tower alone, I'd guess everything turned out all right. I don't really have much love for our former ruler. And the fact that she was Loghain's daughter is simply a plus. That bitch got what she deserve", venom trailed his words, but he masked his face as if it was a joke. Blair shot a look towards him.

"What? I am just saying"

"She was King Cailan's wife. She ruled Fereldan and as such, it would make sense for Alistair to wed with her"

"So why did you speak out then?" Briar asked, now serious in tone.

"It's.." she hesitated to answer. There were so many things she could say to describe her object of affection.

"He's just so..funny, charming, sensitive, compassionate and-"

"Everything that you're not". Briar smirked. The remark rewarded him with a swift elbow to the midsection. The Grey Warden found his breath left him for a moment as he silently express his pain.

"Let me finish" she said. Any reply from the elder twin was dismissed, so Briar simply nodded.

"Alistair is..different. In a sense "she added, "He doesn't treat me like all those spouse mother and father tried arranging me with. Not that I am not grateful, it's just that they were looking at the only daughter of House Cousland, and never treated me as nothing more!"

"He may have pitied me a bit in the beginning, that I know well. But then he just started talking to me, not so much about the war or the Blight, but just mainly about..well..anything really. It was absurd. Who in the right mind talks about the weather when getting ambushed by hired killers!?"

"Seems like my advice was put to good use" Briar commented, finally able to restructured his words.

Blair wanted to retort, but decided to ignore her twin's comment. She collected herself and allow her thoughts to flow through.

"When Allistair became King, I knew Anora would take that opportunity to assume the throne. She wanted a King, not a husband. A figurehead so that she could still rule from behind the scenes. I couldn't allow Alistair to go through with that. I couldn't allow the man I love to be a puppet for that bitch!" Blair exclaimed. "So I did what I thought was right"

"Clearly. In a sense, it is a logical proposal. The Cousland are the second most respected and powerful noble bloodline after Therein. So being of Cousland blood, you have every right to marry the Therein heir, thus strengthening the bonds between the two noble house and displaying the unity between the two as a power ploy for other noble houses to stand together"

"I..I never really thought of that", the younger twin admitted, mildly confuse by her brother's unexpected logic.

"Of course you haven't. You are my TWIN sister"

"What are you insinuating?"

"Sister, do you think all the things I've been doing was planned? I have been playing by the ear since we started the journey. Maker knows how many times I've panicked when we're in trouble. But you and I have always followed what we believe is the right thing to do, no matter the consequences!"

I...I guess that's true"

"Andraste's breast it's true. But don't tell it to the others. Alistair already suspects and I know Morrigan doesn't give a damn, but I don't want to break the illusion of my marvelous leadership to the others" the Grey Warden said, exaggerating his gestures as he explained his dirty secret. This brought laughter to the younger twin, feeling her tense self relaxed from her confession. After a moment. Briar closed in on his sister and hugged her. Blair didn't resist on the unexpected gesture and a hugged back to her elder twin.

"Mother and Father would be proud of you" he whispered to his sister. Blair's eyes started to tear, but allow only a single droplet rolled down her cheek. They let go of each other's embrace. His sister looked at him and produced the words "Thank You". Briar merely smiled back at his sister.

"Now, what is it that you really want" The elder Cousland started. He saw his sister flinched, shocked to have her brother found out she had a hidden agenda. Blair composed herself and answer.

"Brother....Dear brother," Oh no, was all Briar could thought to himself "Could you kindly advice one on how one bed their true love?" she asked, speaking at a tone too innocent for the topic.

"Maker's breath, woman! Are you really going to ask your brother that question?"

"I only wish for some advice, dear brother. You are the only family at the moment and I wish to hear your words on the matter as a form of permission"

Briar sighed heavily at his sister's absurd answer. He lowered his head and his right hand trailed to his forehead. "I promised mother and father that I'll protect you but discussing about your love life does not fall under that category"

"My choices may not be as wise as one would think and I am in a disadvantage on the matter at hand. As such, asking advice from someone close, which in this case is my elder twin, for help will help shed some light on the matter" she argued.

At this point, Briar knew his sister won't leave empty handed. So he submitted to her argument and began his grueling task. His explanation on the matter was vague, which he had hoped it would. Never really reaching any point, the two Cousland went their separate ways; the elder twin towards his Orlesian lover in hopes that he could release some stress and ever-growing embarrassment on discussing sex to his twin sister, and the younger twin, contemplated on what they discussed, headed towards the elder mage, only to regret that choice later on as she openly exposed the topic to the younger Cousland.

No comments:

Post a Comment